4th International Workshop on Pervasive Computing for Vehicular Systems (PerVehicle 2022)
in conjunction with 2022 IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom 2022).
- Friday, March 25, 2022
- Pisa, Italy Virtual
Updates and news
Call for papers
4th International Workshop on Pervasive Computing for Vehicular Systems (PerVehicle 2022) aims to provide researchers and practitioners a forum for presenting and discussing research challenges on pervasive and mobile computing technologies for intelligent vehicular systems.
Vehicular systems have become more significant for our society. For example, connected vehicles will provide new network architectures and middleware to enable new pervasive applications like intelligent platooning, cooperative optimization of traffic flows, automated vehicles and intelligent vehicle-pedestrian safety systems. In addition, drones and UAVs will bring new concepts and ideas for smart mobility and society. Pervasive computing technologies including wireless networking, mobile and distributed computing, sensor systems, ambient intelligence, and smart devices, will play more important roles in designing, managing and realizing intelligent, smart vehicular systems. The main focus of this workshop is on such pervasive and mobile computing for/by vehicular systems.
We solicit technical papers describing original, previously unpublished research, not currently under review by another conference or journal. Submissions should clearly identify how they relate to issues on pervasive computing and vehicular systems. Contributions describing an overall working system and reporting real world deployment experiences are particularly of interest.
Topics of this workshop include, but are not limited to:
- connected vehicles
- vehicular ad-hoc networks
- Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS)
- mobile and pervasive computing for/by vehicles
- human-machine interface for vehicular systems
- V2X communications (vehicles, roadside units, infrastructure, drones, pedestrians)
- mobile edge computing
- autonomous/automated vehicles
- drone and UAV
- middleware for vehicular systems
- new applications for vehicular systems
- security for vehicular systems
- gender equality/neutrality in vehicular systems
Paper submission has to be done via EDAS. If you don't have an EDAS account, please, register first (it is free) via the following.
- 6 pages (overall, i.e., including references)
- IEEE, 10pt font, 2-column format (same templates as main conference: LINK).
Submitted papers must be original contributions that are unpublished and are not currently under consideration for publication by other venues. Papers can be submitted via the EDAS submission portal for PerVehicle 2022.
Each accepted workshop paper requires a full PerCom registration (no registration is available for workshops only). Workshop papers will be included and indexed in the IEEE digital libraries (Xplore).
The submission and notification deadlines can be adapted, making sure that there is reasonable time for reviews (e.g., if the submission deadline is extended) and for preparing the camera-ready version until Feb. 5, 2022.
- Submission (via EDAS) Dec. 5, 2022 (Extended) Nov. 14, 2021
- Notification Jan. 5, 2022
- Camera-ready Feb. 5, 2022
same as main conference PerCom2022 papers
(no workshop-only registration)
- Workshop Date March 25, 2022
- Susumu Ishihara (Shizuoka University, Japan)
- Hiroshi Shigeno (Keio University, Japan)
- Hirozumi Yamaguchi (Osaka University, Japan)
- Yanqiu Huang (University of Twente, Netherlands)
- Tatsuya Amano (Osaka University, Japan)
Technical Program Committee